Comments : 1
Here is a list of questions to ask an e-learning provider before you engage them. Thank you to Zoe Karathomas for allowing me to share our combined thoughts:
- Have you worked with clients of a similar size/industry to ours? (and can I have a list of recent referees to contact?)
- Have you developed similar materials and content to ours? (and can we see recent demos?)
- Can you explain to us your instructional design methodology?
- Will all development be done locally? (off-shoring may be cost-effective – but you need to ensure the communication channel is sound)
- How do you assure our IP and source files are safe?
- What strategies will you put into place to future-proof the finished e-learning course? (e.g. do you have the ability to export the course to multiple file formats for use on mobile devices?)
- Is the e-learning authoring tool you use bespoke, or is it a proprietary tool? (if it is bespoke, this will mean you will need to return to the provider each time you need an update, or you will need to purchase their tool)
- What guarantee can you provide to ensure the project will be delivered on time and to budget?
- What is your project management methodology? (in particular, check the frequency of Quality Assurance checks)
- How frequently will you hold project briefings with us? (and how will you raise and escalate issues?)
- Do we incur a penalty if we don’t deliver our reviews by the documented due dates?
- Who in your team will be on the project? What are their qualifications? (and how quickly can their role be filled, should they leave?)